Saturday 12 February 2011

westminster abbey, superbowl in england, and tranny bars.

So the rest of last week kind of flew by...I did my audition piece for Allison on Thursday - she perfected it, and said it was really good (so I got to move on to a challenging comedic piece). Dee, my Alexander technique teacher, said my back felt less pinched! (which is great, cause I've been working on it), and we finished the day with Special Auditions (I don't really understand the point of this class) and Dialects (I love Tim! He's my teacher. Gah.). 


Friday started with Shakespeare with Michael Winter, followed by a long break before stage combat. At night, I went to The Castle (a pub near Farringdon) with Ashley, Sami, and Krista. I talked to a few people before heading home (interesting to hear what English people think of American football). Saturday Britt and I tried to hunt down my lost package (I got a note about it in the mail today though, finally - yayyy!), and at night we went to this awesome area called Shoreditch. The pub we went to there had a really cool atmosphere (it was a pub/sit-down setting downstairs, and upstairs was more like a club), and I met some really cool people. I met an Australian (I keep meeting Australian people?), a couple of English guys, and some Americans. Fun stuff.


Sunday Britt and I booked tickets to Paris!!! So excited. We went out to an American diner in honor of the Superbowl, which was really fun (the service was terrible/the food was ok, the milkshakes were awesome). We came home, got a small pizza, and watched most of the Superbowl. Missed Christina screwing up the National Anthem...thank God.  I ended up passing out a little bit after the half time show, which sucks : / But I had to get up at 7, and it was already 3 here. 


Monday was an awesome day : ) It started with Historical Dance, Movement, History of Theatre, and Speech (Carol said my accent was good - which is a big compliment, cause she's friggin amazing). After school, I went to the YMCA for jazz class. I made friends with my teacher, Manny (he's asian, English, and awesome), and two girls. Manny came to ballet conditioning with me after jazz...it was so easy at first, but once she saw Manny and I, she started making the combinations much more challenging for us. It felt SO good to dance again. I made British friends! Yay. I'm finally starting to feel at home here.


Tuesday was amazing as well...we had Physical Theatre (Britt was a star! hahaha. We did different "stages of tension" in the body, and she used him as an example. Fierce). We had Shakespeare with Michael Winter (have I mentioned I love him? cause he's wonderful. European Grandpa #3). Britt and I went to lunch, before meeting up again with Michael and the rest of the group to head to Westminster Abbey. Michael knows everything about everything. I told him he should have his own t.v. show ("I go to pieces in front of a camera!"). As soon as we got there, we were standing in this part where I'm almost sure they filmed part of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We took pictures (Michael brought me over to an archway - "Just look at those flying buttresses in the sunlight. They're magnificent!!!") Hahaha. Inside, we weren't allowed to take any pictures. This place is incredible. I could go back for days and never get bored...there is SO much to look at (and of course Michael Winter knows everything, so we basically had our own private tour). I loved seeing all of the elaborate tombs and monuments...I stood on top of a bunch of famous dead people (Sorry Charles Darwin, Ben Johnson, and King Edward). Britt and I went to a pub near Farringdon for food (Sir John's Castle, I think?) Great day. 


Wednesday was a bit stressful - I had two presentations (the first one went alright, the second was tough). Acting was a bit frustrating, but I'm still obsessed with Kathryn (she would probably kill me for using the word obsessed, cause it's a complete exaggeration...she likes words to mean exactly what they mean, if that makes sense). I can tell her class is really going to change me as an actress and as a person (for the better, I hope). 


Thursday was pretty good - I had another amazing audition class with my tutor (she helped with my new comedic piece, and gave me one to work on from the Merchant of Venice - my favorite Shakespeare play). It was so fun. I had Alexander with Dee, which was awesome, followed by Dialects with Tim (yay Tim!). At night, Britt and I went to an Italian restaurant and had the most amazing pizza ever. We went to see a Philharmonic Orchestra - the first two works were a little too long for me (though I really enjoyed parts of the second- all of the movements were extremely diverse, and some of the third movement was used in The Shining), and the third work was something I studied in Music Literature last year (which in one way was cool). I sat next to a well-known British actor named Andrew (I forgot his last name), and he was really sweet. He does the voice for a character on a popular radio show here (he didn't tell me that - the lady from the office at school did). Friday I had Shakespeare and Stage Combat (they let me hit people with swords here! haha). Last night, I headed out to a karaoke tranny bar. I sang "Cabaret" - it was SO fun. The gays were so sweet - they were so responsive and fun. I danced with Justin a bunch, and we left after Nora and Ashley killed (in a good way) "All That Jazz". Stars. I briefly went to the Castle, and headed back home for the rest of the night.


Completely ready to plan my two week trip around Europe this weekend! Also, this week was amazing cause I finally got to skype with Franco, Andy, and Will. I want to skype with the rest of you! I miss everyone! So call me : ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment